1 ISOM5250 Business Modeling with VBA Lab Assignment 2 (Individual) As a layman in Hong Kong stock market, Ken lost most of his share investments dramatically during the financial tsunami. Ken has started thinking of a better way to invest on stocks. After researching on the web, Ken has finally realized that he needs a stock analyzer to provide some financial indicators before making a stock purchasing decision. In this assignment, you are asked to develop a VBA modeling application to analyze stock pricing information.
Here are the basic requirements.
- Implement Exercise 7 (Golden Cross), Exercise 10 (Downloading data from finance.yahoo.com) and Exercise 11 (Managing stock data) - This is a sample Main sheet.
- Reuse the generic SMA program in Lab assignment 1 and perform calculations of simple moving average (SMA) 10, 20, 50, 100 and 200 days for downloaded data. They should be stored in columns H to L. See below for a sample.
- Store all “Equity Securities (Main Board)” in the “Code” sheet. The stock codes include all five digits with a 0 to begin with. A sample is given below.
Here are additional grading criteria.
- Use of VBA (referring to the Website – Day1 – Requirements)
- User-friendliness (referring to the Website – Day1 – Requirements)