6002CEM Mobile App Development Mobile App Development
- Cover page with Module code, Module name. and the proposed app name
- Introduction of your proposed app idea:
- Background and motivation of your proposed mobile App
- Define what goals the user should be able to achieve in your app (e.g., The user will be able to log in)
- Would your app be free or paid? Explain briefly how you would monetize it to create a source of income in the future.
- Briefly state one other app that tries to achieve the same goals as yours and how yours is different (Your app does not have to be original, but you should not try to copy exactly what other apps do)
- Discussion on the following topics related to your app design for CW2 (2. represents the requirements for your app design).
i. Explain ONE of the following concepts: (Please note, whilst this does not have anything to deal with your mobile application, you need to show an understanding of the issue)
- What is Cloud Computing and why it is a Significant Factor in Mobile App Development?
- What is Big Data and why it is a Significant Factor in Mobile App Development?
ii. Explain, in your own words, what MVVM is and why it would help you when developing mobile
applications. You must address the following points:
- What kind of pattern MVVM is and what parts it is made of. Explain each of them
- What advantages it has in application development and how it would make your job easier as a software engineer in the context of your application
iii. Explain briefly what data you will keep in your mobile application and how are you going to store it. You must address the following points:
- What kind of database you will use and the reason behind it
- What kind of data you want to store. Briefly state it and the schema (make use of images!)
- What medium (local/cloud) your data will be stored in and why you chose that option
- Ethical implications and possible solutions.
iv. Type of sensors used and how they will be used.
v. Explain (very briefly) any APIs you are going to use.
- Conclusion and References